[pmwiki-users] hosting

kirpi at kirpi.it kirpi at kirpi.it
Sun Sep 7 09:03:29 CDT 2008

> I'm still in the process of establishing my website.

I'm under the impression that your going to set up you own personal website.
I mean: most probably it will be a place for your basic presence on
the internet, a place for you to make experiments, a data repository,
and a little (but not much) more, maybe.
As far as I could understand, you are not setting up a shop, nor a
third party site, or anything particularly delicate or worth of extra
care.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

In this case, my personal experience with www.aruba.it offering linux
hosting, domain renewal, unlimited space and bandwidth, php, perl,
python, email, GDlib/Imagemagik, control panel, and a lot more, all
for just a flat 20.66 euro (+Vat) a year seems good. It also comes in
English, in case you wonder. In *my* own experience there has been
just a 20 minutes blackout in the last 5 years, spanned over 4
domains.
One of these domains runs (and is actively used and monitored) 24/7
since years and has proved to behave flawlessy.
Any extra service (i.e mysql) is available for a few euro more, just
in case you need.
I would say it to be more than good; and I can honestly suggest it.

Of course, any company/institutional/commercial site would require
more, but here we go back to the first lines of this very message.

Luigi