[pmwiki-users] Linux or Windows

Simon nzskiwi at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 14:11:13 CDT 2008

Having read the other messages,
I use Windows and have sites hosted on Debian.
I certainly have less problems with permissions on windows than *nix, but
more importantly than the OS is the web server.
I use Apache, but have used both IIS and Apache.
I'd recommend Apache.
I've never had problems with recipes related to the OS, largely because PHP
protects you from that.
In passing I'd recommend using the most recent version 5 of PHP.
The difference in setups are minimal, for example I develop and test on
Windows, and ftp (to install) up to Debian, its that simple.

Simon

http://kiwiwiki.co.nz