[pmwiki-users] Linux or Windows

Swift, Chris Chris.Swift at eu.dodea.edu
Mon Sep 1 08:41:25 CDT 2008

 Peter,

Good points!  I'm happy to see that you have also found 1and1.com to be
useful as it will be my first website.  ;-)

I've been reading that different recipes require all sorts of security
setups that are different from the Windows environment (such as 770,
etc.) and since I'm very familiar with Windows I would prefer to have my
site on a Windows server.  Also, there seem to be settings that I have
to change for different recipes to work and at times they have 2
different explanations (one for Windows and one for Linux).

Is the environment that different?

Thanks,

Chris