[pmwiki-users] Fox : adding id, name and class support to fox form

Jean-Fabrice [gmail] jeanfabrice at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 10:40:35 CDT 2008

2008/10/31 Hans <design5 at softflow.co.uk>:
> Friday, October 31, 2008, 1:29:06 PM, Jean-Fabrice [gmail] wrote:
> I would like to keep things simple.
no problem
> Each fox form needs a name as first parameter in the markup, for
> identifying the form (and the end of the form).
> This is past in HTMl as the 'foxname' parameter in a hidden input
> field. It is now also used as a name= attribute in the HTML form tag.
> I could expand this to add it as a HTML id= attribute of the form tag.
No please. ID has to be unique across the DOM tree of the page
> I don't see why it should be specified differently from the name
> parameter.
see before

> I have not seen a reason to add a class= HTML attribute, and why we
> should be able to specify it. Each input control carries a class
> attribute, and it could also be specified as part of the input markup.
No problem. It's up to you. ID and CLASS can help selecting object and
using action. i.e using prototype, we are able to triger a
$('formid').request() to submit the form without reloading the page.

Anyway, thank you for this great recipe.

JF