[pmwiki-users] AuthUser and IP-based authorisation

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Tue Oct 14 01:22:33 CDT 2008

John Rankin wrote:

>What would be involved in extending AuthUser to grant access
>based on IP address?

read the thread "allow editing only from one IP". I posted my solution
2008-09-25, but sadly got no feedback.

>Specifically, would it be possible to grant read access to
>requests from a specific IP address, based on that address
>being defined as a username on SiteAdmin.AuthUser?

I used a separate page listing IP addresses _or_ host names to be able
to use also dynamic DNS entries.

But - as I wrote 2008-09-25 - I'm not sure whether i used the correct
method, and I would'n suggest anyone to use it unless someone with
deeper knowledge reviews my solution.

Oliver