[pmwiki-users] page names with .shtml extension

Radu Luchian radu at monicsoft.net
Tue Nov 18 15:04:54 CST 2008

Hello folks,

I've searched both the pmwiki site and the mailing list archive for some
hint about allowing .shtml extensions to pages.

The wiki is smart enough to redirect requests like
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/MailingLists.html
but if I try
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/MailingLists.shtml
... I get an error:
PmWiki can't process your request

?invalid page name

We are sorry for any inconvenience.

Return to http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki <http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki>

Now, I found the place where the wiki fixes the html extension in function
ResolvePageName($pagename)

But short of editing that function and creating a cookbook php file of the
entire function just to change
  $pagename = preg_replace('!([./][^./]+)\\.html$!', '$1', $pagename);
  $pagename = preg_replace('!([./][^./]+)\\.[s]html$!', '$1', $pagename);
...it seems too much.

Are there other ways to allow requests to .shtml pages to be redirected to
the actual wiki page?

Could someone figure out rhe RewriteRule I can use in the .htaccess file for
the site that would do this at the server level?

Thank you
Radu