[pmwiki-users] Editing Background Colour of In-Wiki Fields

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Mon Nov 17 03:12:52 CST 2008

Monday, November 17, 2008, 1:24:57 AM, Benjamin Massey wrote:

> I've set up a wiki for my game's website and done up a semi-custom skin
> for it. It works great, except that it's a dark theme with white text on
> a black background. There are a few fields where the background has been
> set to a light colour and therefore the text doesn't show up at all.

you need to identify these fields or divs (boxes) individually,
and set specific css attributes for "color" and/or "background"
in your custom skin css file, or, failing that, in a
pub/css/local.css file. This last one could be important as some
style settings are done by recipe scripts or wiki styles,
(http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/WikiStyles)
and these may be later done than the skin css settings, and
overriding them. The pub/css/local.css file is always the last
to be loaded, and anything there will override anything set earlier.

One way identify the input fields or divs or other elements is to
look at your page's HTML source (in Firefox right-click on page and
choose "View page source") and find the element there. Take note of
an "id" or "class" name of it or a containing HTML tag, like  a span
tag or a containing div tag.

For instance edithelp is found as a table tag with class "quickref",
so setting in your skin css
.quickref { color:#fff; }
may do the trick

  ~Hans