[pmwiki-users] Extending file name characters

Stirling Westrup sti at pooq.com
Thu Nov 13 18:34:15 CST 2008

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 07, 2008 at 10:49:14AM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>> On Sun, Sep 07, 2008 at 08:58:39PM +1300, Simon wrote:
>>> Thankyou very much,
>>> I presume that this applies to "+" as well.
>>> Since the URL is generated by PmWiki
>>> would it be possible to change PmWiki so that it encodes the URL in this way
>> Does PmWiki not already do this?  Is there a page I could look
>> at that contains such a link?
>
> Oh.... of course PmWiki doesn't do this -- it knows how to do
> the encodings for page names, but not for links (because sometimes
> people need to be able to put '+' and '#' in urls that *aren't*
> part of the path or converted to %2b/%23).

I've often wished for a way to explicitly ask for a particular character
in a link to be % encoded so that it forms a valid URL. Something like a
'\' escape might work so that:

[[home/foo#zot]]

is a link to the zot anchor in the foo page of the home group while

[[home/foo\#zot]]

would be a link to the foo#zot page in the home group.