[pmwiki-users] php advice needed

noskule noskule at gmx.net
Wed Nov 12 17:12:16 CST 2008

On Wednesday 12 November 2008 19:11:57 Hans wrote:
> Wednesday, November 12, 2008, 5:05:12 PM, noskule wrote:
> > this works just fine. But I'm looking for a way to avoid the EOF  part in
> > style.css. Does anyone have a clue how to do that?
>
> see http://us2.php.net/types.string
> under "heredoc".
>
> <<<XYZ
> string here...
> XYZ;
>
> is called 'heredoc syntax'.
> It is convenient since you don't need to escape any quotes.
> Otherwise you could just put your string (css code)
> in double quotes, but make sure any quotes are escaped.
> For instance:
>
> <?php
> return "
> a { color:$links_color; }
> ...more css....
> ";
>
>   ~Hans

I would like to get rid of all string specification inside the css file. The
goal would be that it works with a standard css file. If I just delete the
string spec in the version above I get a "header allready sent" error.

I guess the problem is the part:

    $css_output = include(style.css);

inclusion works only for php files, but style.css isn't one (except I use a
string spec what I try to avoid). So Is there a other way to get the css file
content into a variable?

nos