[pmwiki-users] presence online

Swift, Chris Chris.Swift at eu.dodea.edu
Wed Nov 12 08:25:35 CST 2008

Dear all,

A number of months ago, I sent out a note concerning creating a cookbook feature that would show who is online.  While I know that there is presence awareness and presence awareness light both seem to be too resource hungry.

PM created a great code for this page http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/Present, however, that code isn't available as of yet.

So, I guess I wanted to ask our group what you thought about implementing any of these ideas:

http://www.learnphp.org/tutorials/How-Many-Users-Online--72135.html (uses MySQL)
http://www.learnphp.org/tutorials/The-fastest-way-to-see-how-many-people-are-online-at-your-site-19733.html
http://www.learnphp.org/tutorials/Online-Users-38678.html
http://www.learnphp.org/tutorials/Visitors-Online-89473.html

Ideally, it would display the username of who's online, just like ZAP does.  It would be nice to see where they are on the site such as in PM's example, but this effect is not necessary.

I'm curious to see what you guys think about those 4 linked suggestions.

Thanks,

Chris