[pmwiki-users] going back and forth

Eemeli Aro eemeli at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 06:28:33 CST 2008

2008/11/8 Swift, Chris <Chris.Swift at eu.dodea.edu>:
> One question regarding fast cache, however, is that according to the info on
> the page ( http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/FastCache), it doesn't work
> if you have authuser enabled.  Since I'm using AuthUser, I guess I should
> use this recipe or would it still help some???

FastCache will work even if you have AuthUser enabled, it just won't
speed up anything while you're actually logged in.

This is due to the way that FastCache works: it only writes pages to
and reads pages from the cache when it knows that your access to that
page doesn't require any login and that there aren't any parts of the
page that are rendered differently because you're logged in.

> P.S. Would this recipe cause me to use more bandwith than normal?

No. With or without FastCache an anonymous browser of your site ought
to get the exact same bytes. Your processor usage might go down a bit,
though, as it's much easier to serve a static page from the cache than
to dynamically generate it.

eemeli