[pmwiki-users] convert page from one charset to an other
jdd at dodin.org
Fri May 23 03:25:28 CDT 2008
I found some threads about this (including my own posts), but not the
summary of the problem:
* leaving the default PmWiki setup as iso-8859-1 in a utf8 growing
world gives some problems, but changing to utf8 also as PM very well
* main visible problem is that accented chars *in files names* gives
ugly results in the file system, and specially makes the backup to
optical media tedious, as the resulting name is refused by the cd/dvd
- use utf8 from the beginning (wiki pages about I18N should mention
- don't use accented chars in titles - is there a way to prevent
this? in a world where correct orthograph is asked, it's very
difficult to think about removing accents. Nearly impossible in
- have a script fix the names (convmv do that) but how about the links?
* do convert the site.
- adding the utf8 line in config.conf is easy
- what happen to file names in this operation (I had few and fixed
them by hand on the beginning)?
- most pages become faulty - how can one convert all of them,
without disturbing the special PmWiki format (script on the server?)
I have to do the last step (converting pages), and don't know how
More information about the pmwiki-users