[pmwiki-users] Fox mail features: feedback invited

kirpi at kirpi.it kirpi at kirpi.it
Wed May 21 06:56:25 CDT 2008

> use it to issue newsletters to a group of subscribers
> (as long as there are not too many, since
> the mailing is done by the php mail function)

I was looking at Ben Wilson's version 3.0 of TellAFriend[1] recipe. He
was using "XPertMailer package[2] to send the email, rather than PHP's
mail() function. The purpose for using the XPertMailer package is to
incorporate that package's spam-filter friendly method of sending
email".
Wouldn't that kind of approach be useful to both issues?
(spam-friendly delivery and less stress on the sending server)

Luigi

----
[1] http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/TellAFriend
[2] http://xpertmailer.sourceforge.net/