[pmwiki-users] Modified Fox Contacts - target issues

Scott Smith smackaysmith at gmail.com
Fri May 16 22:05:32 CDT 2008

I have modified the default Fox Contacts form recipe for use with projects.

I seem to have run into a slight problem with target='{$$projecttitle}' and
(:input text... :) and Fox's edit capabilities.

Here's my Fox directive (I guess that's what it is called):
(:fox projectform put=top target='{$$projecttitle}' ptvupdate=1
template=ProjectTemplates#new redirect=1:)

When I use (:input text projecttitle {$:projecttitle} size=80:) and that
value is 'My First Project', the page is created -- Projects/MyFirstProject.
When I go to Edit that page via Fox, the "My First Project" on the form
becomes "My". A subsequent Save will then create a new page, Projects/My.

So I tried (:input text name=$:projecttitle size=80:). The Edit no longer
erases "My First Project", but the page name that's created is
"Projecttitle".

I'm not sure how to solve this issue.

Thanks

Scott Smith