[pmwiki-users] Copy and paste do not work properly with MS office 2007

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu May 8 16:15:21 CDT 2008

On Thu, May 08, 2008 at 04:13:26PM -0400, Frank Scaturro wrote:
> Has anyone tried to copy and paste from their WIKI into MS word.
> I would think that people would not want to use PMwiki if they
> saw this issue.

I don't think it's a problem with PmWiki itself.  Copy and paste
from a web page (including wiki pages) is really strictly between
whatever browser you happen to be using and MS Word -- PmWiki
simply generates the HTML content that the browser displays.

Furthermore, PmWiki's output passes HTML validation tests, so
I really think the problem must be in the browser or MS Word.

What browser are you using?  Can you identify exactly what
text you're attempting to copy and paste so I can try to duplicate
the problem on my system?

Pm