[pmwiki-users] New Recipe: EditMX

Peter & Melodye Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Sun May 4 02:25:30 CDT 2008

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/EditMX

This recipe is of primary use to relatively experienced authors who want to
leverage the computer to make the most of their time.  It provides a way for
an author to use MarkupExpressions as ROS (Replace On Save) patterns, thus
inserting the return value of the MX as text/source in the page being
edited.

Basically you insert an MX into your text but you use the special "ROS" text
as part of the MX markup:

   {ROS(MX-command)}

The command will be replaced in your actual source by the results of the
MX-command when you save.

It's not the kind of thing you'll use on a daily basis and anything you can
do here could be done just as well with copy/paste and putting a little more
work into your editing.  What can I say?  I'm lazy and I want the computer
to do my work for me... :-)

-Peter