[pmwiki-users] [powertools] questions, ...

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Mon Mar 31 17:27:30 CDT 2008

Monday, March 31, 2008, 7:49:34 PM, Stéphane Heckel wrote:

> Hi Hans, I have implemented a quick & dirty {(glist)} "get list of all
> groups", ...
> Feel free to tune/implement the way you want in powertools if it makes
> sense.

Thanks! I checked it out and thought it might be better to use the
options {(plist)} offers already to specify patterns etc.
So I did not use your Mx for PowerTools,
but added a group list option to plist:

{(plist groups=* )} will list all groups. Likewise does
{(plist group=* fmt=groups)} which is nearer to the pagelist syntax.
{(plist groups=T* )} will give a list of all groups beginning with T.
{(plist groups=*,-Site* will list all groups except Site and SiteAdmin
{(plist name=Test* fmt=groups )} will list all groups which have
  pages starting with Test

I also added a pre= and suf= option to specify string as prefix and
suffix for each list item. This gives the possibility of instant
simple output formatting. And sep= can be used to change the default
comma separator.

see http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/PowerTools

  ~Hans