[pmwiki-users] single quotes and ToggleLink

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu Mar 27 04:42:06 CDT 2008

Thursday, March 27, 2008, 1:58:19 AM, Jon Haupt wrote:

> Whoa, how weird... do you have any idea why it works with one and not the other?

I think generally you use HTML special character codes to stop those
characters being interpreted as anything other but text strings.

PmWiki uses them for output as well.

Whereas unicode is just a different character encoding, but will
still be interpreted.

Using the escape character with quotes ( \'  ) is the other way of
making sure the quote is not interpreted, but as I said I don't know
how  to pass this on via php input to the javascript. Escapes will be
interpreted by PmWiki first, or they will become visible, it seems.

  ~Hans