[pmwiki-users] login visible, not edit etc

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 20:54:59 CDT 2008

James:  If no one else answers you tomorrow, I'll take a shot at it.
There are at least a couple of ways to do what you're asking about,
and my own way is so thoroughly customized that while I do understand
the principles, some of the details are unfamiliar -- so I'm hoping
that someone more familiar with the default skin and its components
will be able to answer you easily.  But, again, if none of them does,
I'll dig around enough to put something together

It really isn't hard, and it really is kind of cool - this way, a site
doesn't appear to be a wiki until one has logged in.  Most of the
sites I've "done" have used this -- they're not "proper wikis" at all.
 I'm not at all ashamed of using this fabulous tool to do something it
wasn't designed for, and neither should you be.  AND of course, every
time I provide a small business or non-profit with an easy-to-update
website, I feel as if I've opened the door, just a crack, to "the wiki
way", and dare to hope someone in the org. will start using it to do
what it was designed for (over three dozen wikis into it, none of them
has, but one lives in hope).

Tegan