[pmwiki-users] pagelist order

Sameer Kumar skumar at eharch.com
Thu Mar 20 17:31:40 CDT 2008

*	Thursday, March 20, 2008, 7:06:52 PM, Sameer Kumar wrote:

*	Is there some way to sort them such that they are in a sequence
like
*	9408, 9917, 0017, 0234?

*	Should it be two different pagelists: if first two numbers >50,
then
*	order descending; if first two numbers <50, then order
ascending. Then,
*	join the two lists...

*	Is that achievable through pagelists?

*	well anything is possible....
*	one can build custom sort orders, which can use a custom
function to
*	do the sorting you like.

I saw the page on custom sort orders
<http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/CustomPagelistSortOrder>  and tried
to make sense of it. But being PHP-ignorant, I got thoroughly confused!
Also, the fact that the page focuses on using the "Data-*" group didn't
help...
Would you be able to suggest some references where I can learn more
about it?

*	but would it not be a lot simpler to use longer project numbers
which
*	include the full year: 199408, 199917, 200017, 200234  ?

The project numbers have been in existence for over 20 years now, from
well before pmwiki came into existence!