[pmwiki-users] How to standardize tool tips

Randy randy at brownragfilms.com
Tue Mar 18 16:19:15 CDT 2008

I'd like to standardize the format of my tool tips. Can I do this with
a custom page variable that I use in the description directive? (I
realize changes won't take effect until each page is re-saved, but it
sure beats changing the description directive on every page.)

I would use the variable on the described page like this:

(:description {$StandardDescription}:)

I tried putting the following in config.php:

$FmtPV['$StandardDescription'] = "{$:Summary} ({$FullName})";

It didn't work. I also tried with single quotes inside the double
quotes.

Also, would my approach break down if the Summary contains a quote?

Suggestions welcome.

Randy