[pmwiki-users] Problems showing long wikipages

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Mar 12 09:27:09 CDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 12:47:52PM +0100, Laurent Meister wrote:
>    Am 12.03.2008 um 12:00 schrieb pmwiki-users-request at pmichaud.com:
>      Laurent Meister a ?crit :
>        Hello everybody,
>
>        we have problems with a very long page with a lot of
>        tables: http://www.apfelwiki.de/Tests/WordAlternativenTest02
>        Normaly the page contains two further sections, but if I add them to
>        the page above, they won't be displayed (nor saved I guess).
>
>      there is a module (php or apache, I don't remember - not pmwiki),
>      security related that limits the lenght of any page
>
>    thx for this hint. This could be the reason. Does anyone has an Idea which
>    module is concerned?

I don't know if this is the reason, but if it is, then you might
want to look at

    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Troubleshooting#mod_security

It could also be that you're running a newer version of PHP that
has some low limits for PCRE matching (which PmWiki uses quite
heavily) that causes problem with long pages.  If so, you might
try setting in local/config.php:

    ini_set('pcre.backtrack_limit', 1000000);
    ini_set('pcre.recursion_limit', 1000000);

Future versions of PmWiki will likely set this as the default.