[pmwiki-users] categories - names, i18n

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Mar 11 03:55:23 CDT 2008

Tuesday, March 11, 2008, 3:47:52 AM, Simon wrote:

> It seems to me that pages with [[! Somecategory]] are those that are
> labelled (tagged) with that category,
> and therefore should appear in the Category group.

> Those of the form [[Category/SomeCategory | text]] refer (link) to a
> category and DO NOT label a page with the category,
> they should not appear in the Category group.

There is no difference between the two. [[!SomeCategory]] is just a
convenient shortcut for [[Category/SomeCategory]].
Both are simply links pointing to a page in the category group, and
this page mayor may not exist.

There is no concept in PmWiki of a category label or tag. By using
a category link a page does not 'belong' to a category. It simply
allows listing of pages with such links on a Category page using the
pagelist link= parameter.

  ~Hans