[pmwiki-users] Strange rendering behavior of vspace

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 11:44:43 CDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 10:12 AM, DaveG <pmwiki at solidgone.com> wrote:

>  David Spitzley wrote:
>  > I've discovered a weird rendering problem:  in Firefox a [[<<]] pushes everything after it below the bottom of the content in my SideBar, but in IE the [[<<]] is seamless.  You can see the effect at http://www.davidaspitzley.org/PotatoPatch/index.php?n=Main.WikiSandbox .  Any suggestions as to what's going on here?  Is this limited to the Marinee skin, which is the one I'm using?  I wanted to use [[<<]] to interrupt float behavior, but this makes that difficult at best.
>  I suspect this problem is related to a bug already listed for the
>  Marinee skin. I'll add information relating to this problem as well.

This was also an issue with the BeeblebroxNetGila skin --
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/BeeblebroxNetGila.  That skin
appears to have been superseded by the Maguila skin --
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/MaguilaSkin.  Maybe the latter is
free of this defect.  If so, maybe the means of repairing it can be
adapted to your skin.

When I used BeeblebroxNetGila, I added a table structure in the body
of the site (below the SiteHeader area and above the SiteFooter) and
added vertical-align="top" to the markup for selected cells to remedy
The Big Gap.

hth,

Tegan