[pmwiki-users] notify confusion

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Mar 4 14:08:41 CST 2008

On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 12:38:41PM -0600, Salmons, Michael wrote:
>    In addition to a main wiki, we have several wikis in subdirectories. The
>    admin of one of those wikis wants notification for one of her pages. The
>    URL for the page is /wikiroot/NameofOtherWiki/index.php? n=Main.
>    DepartmentNews. So in /wikiroot/NameofOtherWiki/local.config.php I have:
>
>    $EnableNotify = 1;
>
>    $NotifyList[] = 'notify=somebody at wherever.com name= Main. DepartmentNews';

Are there really spaces in the string, as shown in your message?
If so, that's likely the problem.  You probably want:

  $NotifyList[] = 'notify=somebody at wherever.com name=Main.DepartmentNews';

If that doesn't resolve it, you may with to verify that the .notifylist
file is being created in the wiki./d directory corresponding to
/wikiroot/NameofOtherWiki/...

The fact that notify is being used in a farm environment really shouldn't
affect things in the situation you've described.

Hope this helps,