[pmwiki-users] quirk with nested-if

adam overton a at plus1plus1plus.org
Mon Jun 30 23:26:43 CDT 2008

Hi guys
thanks for the suggestions.
unfortunately none of them are solving my problem yet --

- adding >directives or >>directives in the markup for nestedif just
makes the problem worse - the entire nestedif chain fails to load,
and just prints all of it as text on the screen, whereas in my
situation, it's just the inner blocks (starting at 'if1') that aren't

- adding the 'include' markup and loading it with a '>nestedif' leads
to a similar result

- i tested with the default pmwiki skin and the issue remains

- and then on my own: including nested-if's from page to page isn't a
problem at all -- this totally works:
       . Main.TestInclude --> add the nestedif code with multiple
branches...
       . Main.TestInclude2 --> (:include Main.TestInclude:)
       . Main.TestInclude3 --> (:include Main.TestInclude2:)
... results in the correct execution of the provided nested-if code

so i really think it's the way $GroupFooterFmt is being implemented
that may be causing the weirdness:
$GroupFooterFmt = '(:include {$SiteGroup}.SiteFooter basepage={*
$FullName}:)(:nl:)' . $GroupFooterFmt;

i wonder if anyone's been able to replicate (or disprove) this yet?

thanks!
adam

. . .

(:if0 true:)