[pmwiki-users] GuiEdit & GuiButtons combo

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Mon Jun 30 03:01:52 CDT 2008

Monday, June 30, 2008, 12:56:58 AM, adam overton wrote:

> I've just combined the GuiEdit recipe with the GuiButtons recipe.
> - GuiEdit allows for more & better-looking buttons to be added to
> your 'edit' pages...
> - GuiButtons allows for the (:guibuttons:) markup, so that you can
> add buttons pages wherever you want, and that will display in non-
> edit-mode (which is good for pages with FoxCommentBox).

> I've uploaded a version where the two are now combined, with the
> smileys also integrated, and easily turned off and on with a $Smileys
> = true/false...

Interesting. The GuiButtons recipe was created taking care not to
change the Pmwiki 'edit gui buttons'. I thought people might want
different sets of buttons for the general edit window and for things
like comment boxes.

If one wants to have all the gui buttons offered by the GuiButtons
recipe in the general edit form, then one could do simply
1. install the guibuttons recipe

2. disable PmWiki guibuttons in config.php with
$EnableGUIButtons = 0; //or comment out the line

3. change Site.EditForm or whatever edit form is used for
general editing the markup
(:e_guibuttons:)    to    (:guibuttons:)

  ~Hans