[pmwiki-users] RSS feed for comments

Sather, Dylan J satherdy at Grinnell.EDU
Thu Jun 19 09:18:39 CDT 2008

Thanks for your reply, Hans.

Unfortunately, the comments don't appear there with the normal changes. The temporary solution I set up is to include this in my crontab:

MAILTO=satherdy at grinnell.edu
00 12 * * * grep -o commentdb /var/www/wiki/wiki.d/Site.ActionLog | wc -l

Which tells me how many instances of "commentdb" (the name for the comment action) there have been up to that point in time in my site's action log. It's a bit of a "news feed," at least. If anyone has dealt specifically with this issue I'd love any feedback you have-- the rss feed would make comment monitoring a lot easier!

Cheers,
Dylan