[pmwiki-users] AuthUser config

The Editor editor at fast.st
Sun Jun 15 12:52:46 CDT 2008

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 1:09 PM, Hans <design5 at softflow.co.uk> wrote:
> I wonder if it is possible to set auth groups in config, as one can
> set individual users with  a password, like
>
>   $AuthUser['bob'] = crypt('bobspassword');
>
> thereby not using SiteAdmin.AuthUser
>

> Does it work to set group associations in config.php like
>
>   $AuthUser['@admin'] = array('bob','ann','jack');
>
> ? or in a different way?
>
> thanks for any help here!
>
>  ~Hans

I can't remember the details but ZAP does this...

If you care to look at the code you should be able to glean the
correct session values needed to assign group memberships. The login
function is a part of the core zap module.

Cheers,
Dan

>From the MemberMgmt page:

Memberships
ZAP recently added a number of automatic group mgmt features to enable
you to do some interesting things with your members. First, a "group"
command allows you to add, remove, or reset entire groups with a
simple form. (Groups in ZAP are defined in wiki pages in a
configurable group called "Memberships"). These groups are
automatically scanned by ZAP when a person logs in, and memberships
are assigned and work exactly as if they were defined in
Site.AuthUser.

In addition, the ZAP toolbox has a {(grouplist)} markup that allows
you to display nicely formatted lists of group members, and two
conditionals: a group_exists and a group_member (checks if a person is
a member of a group). These capabilities allow you to do many
interesting things with groups!