[pmwiki-users] group name aphabetization

adam overton a at plus1plus1plus.org
Mon Jul 28 17:29:22 CDT 2008

a ha

i had never see this page before:
	http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/CustomPagelistSortOrder

(i didn't see the teeny link to it from the pagelist page)

the PTV section at the bottom is great - i'm finally realizing the
ingenuity of using PTVs here and there.
now i have a modified version of newgroupbox that, towards the end of
the script, adds:

		$wholenameArray = explode(" ",$groupSpaced);
		$wholenameArraySize = count($wholenameArray);
		$firstName = $wholenameArray[0];
		$lastName = $wholenameArray[$wholenameArraySize-1];
		$new['text'] = "(:FirstName:$firstName:)(:LastName:
$lastName:)";   // ADDED BY AO 8/28/08 -- add

and i can now use (:pagelist ... order=$:LastName :) to order by last
names...
of course, this doesn't work appropriately if, as Vince mentioned,
the page gets John Smith Jr, or if someone enters an organization's
name, "Organization AAA" (which one would want to list under the
O's), but i doubt that any more than a hundred or so users may
actually create groups on this site, and it probably won't be that
laborious to correct the handful ordering issues that arise by
editing the PTVs on their Index pages...

thanks vince for the heads up on custom sorting...
adam