[pmwiki-users] Trying to use pmwii with more than one million files

CarlosAB carlos.ab at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 15:52:31 CDT 2008

I have converted 1.280.000 txt files into pmwikifiles and used the
PerGroupSubDirectories recipe to store those files on wiki.d and it
goes like this:

$FmtPV['$ixI'] = 'strtoupper(substr($group,0,1))';
$FmtPV['$ixII'] = 'strtoupper(substr($group,0,2))';
$WikiDir = new PageStore('wiki.d/$ixI/$ixII/$Group/{$FullName}');

Pmwiki works fine if I don't use pagelist or try to search anything,
but I was wondering if could still use pmwiki for this site, perhaps
using the sqlite  recipe but I got some questions about it.

My questions are:

Will pagelist and search work if I use your recipe?
Will pmwiki still be slow for this amount of files?
Do I have to create more sqlite.db files and folders just like in
PerGroupSubDirectories to make it work?

Thank you for any advice you may have