[pmwiki-users] Fox upgrade breaks Shoutbox

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Fri Jul 18 13:33:48 CDT 2008

Friday, July 18, 2008, 6:56:44 PM, Scott Smith wrote:

> No Fox error messages appear after I added (:foxmessage:)
> I guess you'd call it a white screen of death. Shows the correct URL but
> nothing on the screen.

> Is this a PHP 4.3.9 issue? That's what I'm running.

I don't know. this is quite strange. The form is very simple.

Try this for testing:

In fox.php set $FoxDebug = 4;

In your form add foxnosave=1 to the markup (:fox shoutbox ...

This last will prevent saving any output. The first will give some
echo feedback. If you get any echo feedback instead of a white screen
let me know.

Also you could try your shoutbox form from a different page, just in
case.

What are your Fox config settings?

  ~Hans