[pmwiki-users] strange link behaviour (pmwiki default skin)

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Fri Jul 18 10:26:59 CDT 2008

On Friday 18 July 2008 13:27:49 noskule wrote:
> The link don't point tho the group-homepage as aspected but to the the
> page of a page in the default group which name is the same as the
> groupname. Example.
>
> I'm on the page Issues.TopicX. I click on the group link and get
> directed to Main.Issues.

You can, for one, create the page Issues.Issues, or Issues.HomePage, or
Issues.$DefaultName (if you have defined it).

> Could this be changed somehow in the config?

To change this in config.php, look at the page
   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/PagePaths

To disable searching for pages in other groups, you can set

   $PagePathFmt = array('$Group.$1');

This will cause [[Page]] to always link to "Page" in the current group,
regardless of the existence of "Page" in other groups like Main.

I have a feeling that this setting had some unwanted side effects, but I
cannot remember what they were. I remember at one point I decided to switch
back to
   $PagePathFmt = array('{$Group}.$1','$1.$DefaultName','$1.$1');

Petko