[pmwiki-users] Web for mobiles -- Apple sold over 1 million iPhones last weekend...

kirpi at kirpi.it kirpi at kirpi.it
Tue Jul 15 07:12:24 CDT 2008

> I can try and mimic the basic template provided by .mobi consortium as
> a starting point
> http://www.kirpi.it/176/index.xhtml

My first attempt is here for all to see:
http://www.kirpi.it/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=Mobile.Mobile?action=mobile
Unsatisfactory, miserable, pathetic.
Anyway, a proof of concept and a way to start testing.

I'm having a lot of problems (due to lack of skill), and two major
points at least might require external help:

- As the page loads, a lot of things are included into the page
(javascripts, css definitions,...please see the html) which could be
useful (and make no harm) for the regular pc view, but are unuseful
and overload the transfer to the mobile device.
How can we filter out those extra lines which are not in an explicit
manner defined in the mobile skin and or in the page text?

- Breadcrumbs are important as they tell you where you are, in a space
where visual and textual informations are mostly lacking. Also,
breadcrumbs are a navigation tool: the less you type and the more you
click, on a mobile, the better experience you have.
I wouldn't know how to enable such a feature within the mobile skin.
Maybe a "mini"recipe (derived from the main one) inserted into the
mobile.php would be an idea?

Luigi