[pmwiki-users] can wikiforms use fox form validation?

david roundell davidoswaldtwistle at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 13 17:46:43 CDT 2008

hello

i would prefer to display form submissions via wikiforms as i want submissions
to be edited if necessary. using fox doesn't give me an editable table of
submissions - just plain text under headings. however i would like to use the
form validation used by fox, in the style of:

(:foxcheck server msg='Please add Server Name':)
|| class=firstrow border=0 cellspacing=0 width=75%
||%red%*%% Indicates required field || || ||
||Server Name%red%*%%||(:input text server size=50:) %red%(:foxmessage form1
server:)%%|| ||

how would i integrate the above into the following that i use in my wikiform?

:Server Name: title (text=1*50) +

i'm aiming to create a directory of servers at work which needs certain fields
to be filled in when a user adds a new submission.
it's likely that unless i make certain fields mandatory, users would skip
these.

thanks for any help - and your help so far! this is a great script!

david