[pmwiki-users] Highlight pagelist search results based on time thresholds

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sun Jul 13 12:53:56 CDT 2008

Sunday, July 13, 2008, 4:13:21 PM, Peter Bowers wrote:

> Yes, I banged my head against the {(ftime ...)} for an hour or more
> this morning before giving up and going the FmtPV route (which
> presumably is faster anyway).  I revisited ftime just now and it
> worked first time -- I think I must have been doing something strange
> with my date formats before or something.

I had a similar frustrating time with ftime. But I found my fault!
If you want the {(ftime )} expression to take unix seconds as input,
you need to precede the value with a '@' like
    {(ftime %F @{$ModTime} )}

If you want {(ftime )} output unix seconds, use '%s' as format, like
   {(ftime '%s' )}

But ftime fails to evaluate input values from PmWiki default time format
'%B %d, %Y, at %I:%M %p'

 {(ftime '%s' '{$LastModified}' )} outputs $Now in unix seconds

 {(ftime '%s' '@{$ModTime}' )} outputs correct unix seconds

{$ModTime} is last modified time in unix seconds, as per this
definition in config.php:
      $FmtPV['$ModTime'] = '$page["time"]';

  ~Hans