[pmwiki-users] OT: anybody done a "tinyurl" replacement??

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Fri Jul 11 07:34:31 CDT 2008

Friday, July 11, 2008, 1:01:09 AM, Hans wrote:

> I attach for you to try a script I just cooked up, adapted from the
> intermap routine in pmwiki.php.

> If this works fine I should publish it as cookbook recipe.

Now released as http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/RedirectMap

Create a page Site.RedirectMap or file local/redirectmap.txt
with your shortcut definitions similar to intermap files.

Use as urls like http://mysite.org/mywiki/pmwiki.php?goto=abcd

The recipe script checks input for a 'goto' parameter, then checks
the redirectmap files or page if there is a match, and if it got one,
activates a redirect to the mapped url.

Now you can create your own "tiny urls" inside your wiki for links to
anywhere, wiki pages or http: urls.

Cheers,
  ~Hans