[pmwiki-users] Xhtml 1.0 Strict

kirpi at kirpi.it kirpi at kirpi.it
Thu Jul 10 15:06:34 CDT 2008

> PmWiki markup [[<<]] is rendered as <br clear=all />
> which is not XHTML1 strict.
>
> Perhaps it could be changed to
>
> ## [[<<]] (break)
> Markup('[[<<]]','inline','/\\[\\[&lt;&lt;\\]\\]/',"<br class='clearall' />");
>
> and class clearall added to $HTMLStylesFmt['markup']
> as
>     .clearall { clear:both; }
>
> or defined as    <br style='clear:both' />

As I previously suggested, that should probably go to the pmwiki core,
as it is a basic need.
In the meanwhile it could well be a Triad "feature"...

I'll try and do some tests for you...

> Changed <!DOCTYPE ....> from transitional to
> "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"

Transitional is actually the most sound and practical definition for
most of us, flexible and suit for an extended range of applications.
Strict has, though, it's reason to exist and this is why we are
dealing about it.

I do not know if declaring Strict instead of Transitional as a general
rule might trigger some unexpected behaviour in some browsers...
Something the average admin is not aware of.
What about:
- making the definition switcheable somehow in Triad. A feature
similar to many customizations you allowed on the fly in your skin.
- otherwise, bewaring the admin in the Triad instructions, so that
s/he might revert it to Transitional with a simple cut and paste in
the skin.

Luigi

Luigi