[pmwiki-users] Semi-automatic user accounts for fox forum -- Htpasswdform

Dominique Faure dominique.faure at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 10:17:34 CDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 13:20, Vince Administration
<vadmin at math.uconn.edu> wrote:
> EEmeli,
> Thanks. I have plenty of work to do on the site, so it is no problem to wait
> a week or two.
> And  Hans,
> Thanks,  I see by studying the function I can create a version which will
> collect the data that I  want.
> But I will go slowly because of eemeli's reply. This sounds like what I
> would want to develop in the future as well as now.
>   Vince
>
> On Jul 10, 2008, at 4:27 AM, Eemeli Aro wrote:
>
>> I'm working just now on something that might fill your needs. It's not
>> quite ready yet, but I should be able to get it out by the end of next
>> week (no promises, mind). It's a module on top of authuser that can
>> read and write usernames, password hashes and additional data in
>> SiteAdmin.AuthUser. When done, it'll let me have new users sign up,
>> verify their email addresses and create accounts for them, use email
>> to reset passwords, let users modify additional details, remove users,
>> as well as generate lists of users with specified details.
>>
>> I've actually got most of this already working on my own sites, but I
>> need to polish up the whole lot and finish implementing it as a
>> PageStore extension before I'm ready to publish.
>>
>> In other words, I ought to have a better answer for you next week.
>>
>> eemeli
>>
>> 2008/7/10 Vince Administration <vadmin at math.uconn.edu>:
>>>
>>> Hans, Dominique,
>>> Thanks for pointing me to the htpasswdform recipe. It comes very
>>> close to what I want.  The only thing that I really can't quite
>>> figure out how to
>>> do is to modify the login form, since it is created by a PHP
>>> program.   I don't want to give exact details of what I want the form
>>> to collect because
>>> then you might do it for me, and it is probably not of wide interest.
>>> But is there a reasonable way to use a custom form for new users?
>>> I guess by reasonable I mean without writing the php code.  I see
>>> that there are a lot of SDV's, so that it might be possible to
>>> customize.
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help.
>>>       Vince

Sorry for the late feedback, but I couldn't find enough time to
correct a minor bug in this code and give you an answer.

The two configuration variables that Hans described previously should
contains regular PmWiki form markup with some "$Variables" tags
automatically filled/replaced by the recipe.

You just have to make sure that these tags are defined in your own
configuration.

--
Dominique