[pmwiki-users] goal: send email from form with dynamic subject

The Editor editor at fast.st
Fri Jul 4 18:15:30 CDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 11:13 PM, Karl Harris <karlh626 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to have a form in pmwiki which when submitted will send an email.
> The kicker though is that I want the subject of the email to contain data
> from some of the fields that were filled out in the form so the email
> subject would be based on what was entered in the form.
>
> I have experimented with using Zap forms but have been unable to get the
> email subject to be dynamic.
>
> Does anyone know whether using fox would be able to accomplish this?  I
> would be very appreciative of any other possible solutions or ideas.

Karl, this is something really simple for ZAP. I'm not sure why you
are having trouble, but my guess is it is not installed properly or
something.  Here's the tutorial on it:

http://zapdoc.web-farm.org/index.php/ZAPDoc-Documentation/FieldReplacement

Unfortunately the developer (me) is no longer providing support for
ZAP, so you may do better to go with Fox. It's a bit more complicated
to use (imho), but Hans provides fantastic support.

Cheers,
Dan