[pmwiki-users] "talk" pages

Sameer Kumar skumar at eharch.com
Thu Jan 31 16:55:52 CST 2008

On Jan 30, 2008 4:58 PM, Hans <design5 at softflow.co.uk> wrote:

> For talk-page linking see

> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SimpleDiscussLink

That's the one I am trying out-- any hints on how to integrate it into

the skin rather than as a page content item would be appreciated...

I'm not clear on how and where wikimarkup integrates with the skins...

I am using a different method for Discussion pages:

I have the following in my Site.PageActions:

* %item rel=nofollow class=discuss
'%[[Discussion.{*$Group}-{*$Name}?action=view | $[Discussion] ]]

For any given page Group.Pagename, the page action takes me to
Discussion.Group-Pagename. As you can see, all these pages belong to the
group "Discussion".

I have a "Commentbox" from the Commentboxplus
<http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CommentBoxPlus>  recipe in the
Discussion.GroupFooter. This makes sure that the user never needs to go
the 'Edit' action for the discussion page. (of course, one can use any
other commentbox recipe, including Fox).

I also have a Discussion.PageActions page with the following links:

* %item rel=nofollow class=back
accesskey=$[ak_back]%[[@3@{*$Name}@3@}?action=browse | $[View] ]]

* %item rel=nofollow class=edit
accesskey=$[ak_edit]%[[@3@{*$Name}@3@}?action=edit | $[Edit] ]]

* %item rel=nofollow class=discuss
accesskey=$[ak_discuss]%[[{*$FullName}?action=browse | $[Discussion] ]]

* %item class=diff accesskey=$[ak_history]%[[@3@{*$Name}@3@}?action=diff
| $[History] ]]

* %item class=upload
accesskey=$[ak_attach]%[[@3@{*$Name}@3@}?action=upload | $[Attach] ]]

* %item class=print accesskey=$[ak_print]%[[{*$FullName}?action=print |
$[Print] ]]

As you can see, the View, Edit etc. actions have the special markup
which strips the "Discussion" from the page name.

In my config.php, I have the following custom markup (credit for this
goes to John Rankin; Thank you!):

# to enable backliks in the discussion tabs

Markup("@3@", "inline", "/@3@(.*?)@3@/e", 'str_replace("-",".","$1")');

This ensures that all the page actions behave as if they still belong to
the original page. This works quite well for me. I did not have to
bother with any modifications to skins etc.