[pmwiki-users] New Recipe: Text Extract

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed Jan 30 15:46:32 CST 2008

Wednesday, January 30, 2008, 9:29:04 PM, Graham Archer wrote:

> I was wondering if your recipe could be extended to:

>   extract from #TextPatternA# to "TextPatternB"

I think that would be going well beyond the current scope, and my
comfort zone at present.

> Reason:   I use (:include pagename #from#to:) at the moment to bring
> content from another page. Problem with this is
> the RSS for the host page doesn't trigger even thou the included page
> has changed since the host hasn't been re-written.

I think you can do something like that with TextExtract.
Try:

{(extract . PageName#partA#partB)}

The source in this case is PageName from anchor 'partA' to anchor
'partB', and th epattern is a dot, meaning: include everything.

But note that this is not a true include like you get with (:include
..:) markup. Markup directives are disabled, rendered as code etc.
and links are not qualified, meaning relative links may point to the
wrong pages.

  ~Hans