[pmwiki-users] Recipe Update: Fox

The Editor editor at fast.st
Mon Jan 28 14:03:54 CST 2008

I'm glad you noticed this could be done this way. I believe Pm could
actually get this functionality as a markup expression in a regular
pagelist template.  Sometime back, I got this to work in my wiki
engine.

The pagelist retrieves the list of pages, then a simple expression
markup in the pagelist template retrieves the first line in the page
with the searched term (passed to it from the pagelist directive),
highlighting the term. Of course you could format the template any
other way.

You can see it in action at

http://www.boltwire.com/index.php?p=forum.snippets.1033

Try typing in the word "test" lower case for an example. It's still a
bit experimental, and there are some issues I've not yet resolved for
myself--but the basic idea could be easily used within PmWiki to give
contextual search results.  All it took was the equivalent of a 10
line "highlight" markup expression, which took a term, and a page name
to generate the output via a pagelist template.

Cheers,
Dan