[pmwiki-users] Preserve ownership and file permission when doing ftp down-and upload

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jan 28 13:32:53 CST 2008

On Jan 26, 2008 11:50 PM, manfred at mabitoka.de <manfred at mabitoka.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> i wonder how i can preserve file permission and ownerships of my wiki
> when trying to do a backup and restore, only having a ftp account?
> [...]
> Perhaps you can help me to find a suitable way to do the "restore" thing
> of backup.

The directions here can be accomplished via FTP, I think:

   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/BackupAndRestore#restore

It will depend on the capabilities of your FTP/SCP program.  At
minimum you should be able to do a modified version of the Slightly
More Secure restore method, where you set the two directories (wiki.d/
and uploads/) to 777 permissions and leave them that way.

Hagan