[pmwiki-users] LDAP and Group Authentication

Gary Spivey gspivey at georgefox.edu
Wed Jan 23 22:09:56 CST 2008

Sorry for the late response, ...

To first answer your question about extern_auth - it doesn't use LDAP -
it assumes that something has done the authentication externally (in my
case, via LDAP outside of PmWiki) - and then set some session variables
- things like:

 1) $_SESSION['authenticated'] (true or false)

 2) $_SESSION['authentication_level'] (based on the highest gid for the
groups
                            that they are associated with)

 3) $_SESSION['groups'] (an array that contains the group names to
                         which the individual belongs. This can be
                         checked with in_array)

 I also set a $_SESSION['username']  that I utilize in (:if username
johndoe:) syntax.

When these are set, ExternAuth goes through and looks for each of these
conditions to see if they match the specific requirements of the
WikiGroup/WikiPage.

So, that was the ExternAuth plan.

Thanks for the suggestion on getting Groups working with AuthUser - I
will soon give that a try.

-Gary