[pmwiki-users] Limiting authors to edit pages they created

imoc blog.oc at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 02:25:20 CST 2008

Thaks Petko.

Yes the thread you point out did exact what I want. But I'm wondering if
there is any simpler way to do that.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. PM's code looks like it set specific
'edit password' for every page in creation. So if others want to edit
the page they need to know the creator's password.

How about another approach that if someone want to edit a page, the script
check whether the 'AuthId' is equal to the 'Author' or not. If yes, the person
can edit the page. If not, he can't.

In this way, it is not necessary to set 'edit password' for every page. Of
course that the administrator have to use 'AuthUser' to limit one Id can only
belong to one people.

Sorry to bother everyone if my idea is too naive.

Cheers,
imoc