[pmwiki-users] Line chars converted

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Tue Jan 15 07:11:05 CST 2008

On Tuesday 15 January 2008 12:11:32 Dave Jackson wrote:
> I'm documenting a process and I'd like to include the following mark-up:

>  [=
> D:.
> ├───Apps
> │   ├───Extract

> <snip>

> When I save the page it transposes the chars into
> D:.
> „¥„Ÿ„Ÿ„ŸApps

Hi. You are trying to enter Unicode characters which don't exist in the
default iso8859-1 PmWiki codepage. These characters get translated to what
your browser thinks it should.

To enable all Unicode characters, you can change your wiki's encoding to
UTF-8. See:
   http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/UTF-8

and a demonstration:
   http://galleries.accent.bg/Main/WikiSandbox
   (this site is with UTF-8 enabled)

If your site is English language only, there will be no problem at all. If you
have other alphabets like Cyrillic, or Roman extended/accentuated characters
like in French, don't do this.

Why don't you use just this:
D:
* Apps
** Extract
** Presentation
* Data
** App_Data
It will achieve almost perfectly what you want: display a structure of
entries.

Good luck,
Petko