[pmwiki-users] PmWiki and Spam

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 21:37:02 CST 2008

On Jan 12, 2008 9:29 PM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 12, 2008 at 01:08:29PM +0100, Anno wrote:
> > Don't know if anyone noticed, but the author and Summary are always
> > identical with these bots....how about if we blocked posts where this is
> > the case?
>
> Sure, we can do that.

Given your other concerns about not instituting security measures that
will confuse new-comers, I'd suggest this not be implemented.  A
suspect that naive visitor wanting to test functionality but remain
anonymous, is actually quite likely, having added some test text, to
use the same text text as summary and id.