[pmwiki-users] PmWiki and Spam

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jan 11 22:07:28 CST 2008

On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 08:25:55AM +1200, Simon wrote:
> PmWiki is undergoing a sustained spam attach.
>
> I'd like to note the work of XES, Petko, and Anno amongst other in fixing it.

I hear your cries and will try to do something about it soon.

I'm willing to do a captcha, at least for a while, if someone will
prototype a replacement Site.EditForm page for it.  I just need to
know what text/fields to use to make it clear to newcomers how to
post edits with the captcha present -- I'll add the code that
makes the captcha actually work.

We could site-protect all pages, but I'm not sure how we could make
newcomers aware of the password in a way that makes sense to them.

Also, as a side note, this week I've had a major medical emergency
within my family, so my response times may be a bit slow.  (Not that
they've been all that speedy over the holidays anyway.)