[pmwiki-users] Clean URLs (Another question from the newbie)

Steve Glover steve at fell-services.net
Tue Jan 8 11:58:58 CST 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-08 at 12:18 -0500, Sandy wrote:

> Uh, you may be learning a lot, but not necessarily what you need to learn.

> Is your "real site" the same setup as your home machine? I know just
> enough about servers and such to know that 90% of the same, if they look
> similar, then they are (and all the experts think I'm paranoid for
> triple-checking things), but that last 10% is a doozy.

Gosh, yes. Even if it's just that the various paths are different on
home and ISP servers....

(Thinks: would it make sense to factorise out the machine-specific code
into an include file, so that when you copy over config.php, say, from
one machine to another, you don't need to change all the paths?)

Steve

Steve Glover at                          email: steve at fell-services.net
SDSS, EDINA, University of Edinburgh,          tel: +44 (0)131-650 2908
Causewayside House, 160 Causewayside,          fax: +44 (0)131-650 3308
Edinburgh EH9 1PR                          mobile: +44 (0) 7961 446 902